Depending on the learning style of a student, many different environments can be conducive to studying and conducting tutoring sessions. For many, in-home tutoring provides the best and most productive environment for tutoring sessions. Here are 5 benefits of in-home tutoring:
- Work in an Environment That is Comfortable – One key benefit of in-home tutoring is that the student is able to conduct their sessions in an environment that they are already comfortable in. This is especially beneficial when a student is having their first session with a new tutor, as the home can be a safe and comfortable place to have this first introduction.
- Access to All Materials – Often, students might not know exactly what they want to go over during their session, or what materials they will need. With in-home sessions, the student does not have to worry about remembering all of their notes and workbooks for the session, and can avoid the “I forgot my textbook” moment that can happen when sessions are not at home.
- Simplify Planning – Another benefit of In-home tutoring is that they simplify the planning process for the student. There’s no need to coordinate a ride to and from the session, or to check bus schedules to figure out what bus to catch to get to your session on time. There’s no need to pack a bag with all of your books and notes and materials, and run the risk of potentially forgetting something that is important for your session. The student just attends the session, and can focus on the questions that they have for their tutor, instead of focusing on any other planning that might be required for their session.
- Control the Environment – This especially true for students that would normally have sessions in a library or coffee shop, as you cannot control the level of noise or distraction that might exist in these environments. It’s also difficult to guarantee that you will be able to find a suitable table or space for your session that these types of locations, depending on how busy the public venue is. In-home sessions allow the student to completely control the environment, and ensure that the workspace is suitable, and also that noise and distractions are limited.
- Stay on a Roll – Often, at the end of a tutoring session, students feel more confident and comfortable with the content, and want to keep the momentum going by continuing to work through more problems, or completing any homework assignments they might have. If the session was not in-home, this might not be possible, as the student might need to pack up and head home after the session. A benefit of in-home tutoring sessions is that students are able to keep the momentum going for as long as they like after the session.