Sealy Tutoring is seeking out candidates for a part-time tutoring position.
The successful candidate will:
- Be in the process of completing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree in math, chemistry, physics, biology, engineering, education, or a similar discipline.
- Have a strong familiarity with the BC high school curriculum for any / all of math, chemistry, physics and biology.
- Be professional, personable, easy-going, and enthusiastic while they work with students.
- Be able to work independently with minimal direction, and also work well in a team setting.
- Be able and willing to travel to students for 1-on-1 sessions within Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends, 10 – 20 hours per week.
In addition, the following would be an asset for any candidate:
- Having previous tutoring experience (2+ years), either independently or with a tutoring company, and have minimum 2 references that can speak to their success as a tutor.
- Having previous experience working with high school students (camps, mentoring, etc) would be an asset for any applicant.
If you meet or exceed these criteria, please send a response with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your tutoring experience, and why you would be a great candidate for this position.